Bird Of Paradise Plants

Transplanting Giant Bird of Paradise

I have three giant birds of paradise in my front yard that have grown to over 9 feet to the tip of the tallest foliage. I want to move them to another area in my yard, but the root system seems really deep. How deep would the root be for a plant that size? What is the best way to move them without incurring damage to them?

Since they are so large, you may want to consider pruning them back prior to moving them. Make sure you dig up as much of the roots system as possible and replant them in similar locations and at the same depth as the previous location they were taken from, watering thoroughly. This article will help with preventing transplant shock: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bird Of Paradise Plants