Daylilies

Transplanting Bulb Plants

I will be moving within the month and would really love to take my beloved Tiger lilies and daylilies with me. They have started their spring growth and I am so afraid of them not surviving if I uproot them. Can this be done without that happening?

As long as you get up as much of the surrounding soil and roots when digging them up, they should be fine. Wait till you're ready to move completely and then get your plants. It may also help to have planting holes pre-dug in the new location (with similar growing conditions) so you can replant your lilies as soon as possible after digging them up. This article will help with any shock that the plants may experience: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Daylilies