Astilbe Plants

Transplanting Astilbe Cuttings?

ilovecows added on September 24, 2017 | Answered

Can I root a cutting from an Astilbe? I have a mature tree line down my side yard that is too hard to dig deep in due to the mature roots. If I could root a cutting, how deep a hole would I have to put it in. I'm thinking about just taking a metal rod and twisting & turning in down in the dirt to secure a space to place a cutting that has rooted. Am I crazy or would that work. Thanks. Betty Collins ilovecows@comcast.net

The best method of propagation from Astilbe is from divisions. You will want to take an area of the rooted plant and break it off, making sure that you have both roots, and shoots. You Will want to Dig an area, at least, big enough to double the root space. I would recommend digging as much as you possibly can, in order to provide the most space for roots to develop.

Here is an article for more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/astilbe/how-to-propagate-astilbe.htm

00
Here are more questions about Astilbe Plants