Container Yucca Plants

Transplanting a Yucca Outside

I currently have an 11 year old Yucca. It has been grown indoors throughout. It is now starting to take over and is very big, so I would like to transplant it outdoors into my garden and from pot to ground. I've asked my local Homebase garden dept and they said a big NO!! But your site says yes? Can I definitely put it to ground outside without harming it? And are there any special precautions to take through winter periods, like frost or snow, etc.? Thanks in advance.

Your indoor Yucca plant would not survive temperatures below freezing. In fact it can be placed outdoors in the spring and summer but really should not be exposed to temperatures below 50 degrees.

This Yucca is a different plant then the outdoor Yucca that grows outdoors.

Here is a link to help you.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/yucca/growing-yucca-indoors.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Yucca Plants