Container Ponytail Palm Trees

Transplant Ponytail Palm

vcmascott@gmail.com added on August 2, 2016 | Answered

Should the large bulb base of the ponytail palm be below the soil surface? I have a large plant at the office and am now caring for it. I noticed the palm was planted below surface and thought it to be wrong; however, if plant is doing well, should I repot and get the (elephants foot) out of the dirt? The plant I am told is over thirty years and has survived several caretakers in spite of this error. Presently, I have removed the soil from around the base to slowly acclimate the plant to the future change IF I do repot it.

If the plant has survived for years in its current pot, it will probably be fine. Here is more information which will help if you do decide to repot it later:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/ponytail-palm/how-to-move-ponytail-palms.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Ponytail Palm Trees