Cilantro Plants

Transplant Cilantro Grown From Seeds

mrsniknak added on July 16, 2012 | Answered

I bought a "garden salsa kit" from Big Lots that had cilantro, cayenne peppers and beefsteak tomato seeds. They have all sprouted and the cilantro has gotten bigger than the rest. I want to transplant the cilantro to a separate pot, but they are so fragile I'm scared I won't be able to. Plus, I keep reading online about cilantro doesn't like to be transplanted. How should I handle this? They're sort of grouped together to where I don't think I can separate each stalk to pot, 3-4" apart.

I would leave them. Even for annuals, they are a short lived plant. Transplanting causes stress and with cilantro, stress will cause early bolting. It should be fine to leave them, just make sure they get enough water if you feel they are crowded.

Here are more questions about Cilantro Plants