Torch Lily Plants

Torch Gingers Not Flourshing

azeroth45 added on June 26, 2016 | Answered

I have a torch ginger in a pot in south FL in partial diffuse shade to full sun for short periods when it is not at peak and it grows new shoots and most stems seem healthy but they never get more than 3 to 4 feet tall and never bloom before they start to turn yellow and die. Sometimes when the new shoots grow, the leaves begin to open up before they are even fully out of the stem which causes them to be deformed by the time they have fully come out of the stem. I have it in a well draining mix of mulch, sand and organic compost and I fertilizer every 2 months or so with a high potassium fertilizer. I also don't let it get too much or too little water as far as I can tell. What could be causing its arrested development and over-eager leaf development? Thanks, G

Do to the size of these plants, container growing is not recommended.
Your plant will likely do much better planted directly into the garden.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/ornamental-ginger/growing-torch-ginger-lilies.htm

00
Here are more questions about Torch Lily Plants