Topsy Turvy Tomato

Topsy Turvy

kerri added on April 10, 2011 | Answered

I just used MG potting soil~no tomato food/fertilizer~I got flowers and tomatoes but also yellow leaves. Was it lack of nutrients or water type? If I do it again, I'll have to use bird netting~they got more than I did! Plant only bears once?

Yellow leaves can be caused by several things. This article covers what they could be:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/tomato/yellow-tomato-leaves.htm

Likely with the topsy turvey planter, it was a lack of water. Containers dry out fast and need to be watered 1-2 times a day to keep them watered enough.

If you only got one rush of fruit, this is a determinate plant, meaning it produces fruit all at once and then stops. For season long production, look for an indeterminate plant. They keep producing fruit until frost kills them.

Bird netting is a great idea if birds were a problem.

00
Here are more questions about Topsy Turvy Tomato