Tomato Plants

Tomato Plants Are Wilting

Five days ago one of my tomato plants started to wilt. There is no spotting on the leaves or the stem, just wilted plant. When I pulled it out, the part of the stem in the soil looked like it had the top layer of stem rotted. Since then I had pulled 4 more plants out and same thing-wilted. Today I noticed some of the bell pepper plants with curled leaves. They are deep green in color, no yellow, but the leaves are curling on themselves. I water at night, so once a day, but during the day I checked and the soil is still moist, so they are not dry. What is the problem? I am so sad. I am a gardener and in Europe. I have never had any problems with anything, and here my plants are dying. HELP please. I have an organic garden so no pesticides and fertilizers, just plain old manure. Is that the problem?

Unfortunately,it sounds like you plants may have wilt or tomato leaf curl. These develop in the soil while they are seedling and were not caused by anything you did as a gardener. It is just an unfortunate thing that happens to tomatoes and peppers. I have lost many tomatoes over the years to these as well. These articles will explain more:

Here are more questions about Tomato Plants