Tomato Plants

Tomato Leaves Turning White/Silvery and Showing Tiny Black Dots

atnimaar added on May 1, 2018 | Answered

Hi there, Need some expert advice on my tomato seedlings. I have noticed some leaf change and trying to figure out what it is. I have noticed some leaves changing colour to white/silvery and some leaves have tiny black dots. It looks like the green part of leave it’s just ‘rubbing off’. New leaves seems to be healthy. My tomatoes are still indoors, I have noticed something similar on other plants: (on the same windowsill) mint, basil. I have taken them outside on a sunny day for a few hours, could it be sun damage? Or is it some fungal damage? Thanks

I believe this is spider mites. This relative of the spider eats plant sap, and will destroy a number of plants very quickly. It is best to resolve this as quick as possible. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/spider-mite-control.htm

00
atnimaar

Thank you for this! I can’t see any tiny webbing or white/red dots, but it might still be that. Shall I try neem oil? Or should I give up on them? Some plants look unaffected, should I spray them as well?

00
Here are more questions about Tomato Plants