Tomatillo Plants

Tomatillo Blooming Too Early

nm added on March 19, 2018 | Answered

Hi, I started some tomatillos from seed this year along with my tomatoes, I have 14 tomatillo plants, they are between 6 and 8 inches tall, and the seeds I started feb. 10th. Every single one of these plants have blossoms!! Why? It is the first year I've started them in the greenhouse, but they get varied temperature (not always warm). What's happening? Will this ruin their normal season? They don't go into the ground until soon after April 15th! I am in Sonoma, Ca - thanks in advance!

This should not hurt anything. Usually plants in this family need the temperature to vary be quite a bit for day and night for it to remain in a vegetative state. If they don't get enough of a difference then they can think it is time to flower.

If you are concerned, then you can pinch off the blooms with no negative effects.

00
Here are more questions about Tomatillo Plants