Dracaena Plants

Dracaena Stem Turning Black.

sloune added on April 3, 2016 | Answered

This is how my Dracaena has become. I have owned this plant for about 8 weeks and recently I have changed the pot to a bigger one. The stem has become black right after the re potting. So what did I do wrong and can I save this plant or there's no going back now? Thank You for your help.

This may be overwatering and your plant suffering from root rot.

It's difficult to judge the size of the pot and the plant size from the angle, but suspect it is too large for the root system.

Make sure you are checking the soil before watering, and that the excess water is able to drain.
In this case I would suggest you carefully remove the plant and discard the blackened stem from the plant. Inspect the rest of the roots and trim any dead or black roots with a clean garden snips.
Repot into an appropriate pot size. The roots should be snug with a little extra room.

00
Here are more questions about Dracaena Plants