Ti Plants

Ti Plant

jamie.juliano7 added on July 25, 2017 | Answered

My Ti Plants are turning brown! I just purchased a home and I have several Ti Plants in the front yard. Some of them are turning brown, but they seem to still be growing like crazy. I read that they should not be in direct sunlight and it seems that the brown ones are getting direct sun most of the day. Are these plants easy to transplant? They are well established plants that were placed by the builder. -Sorry the pictures are not the best, but you can see how the leaves are turning brownish on the plants on the right. The plants on the left are not in direct sun.

When growing Ti plant outdoors, give it some shade from the hot afternoon sun. Keep the soil moist, but not wet for extended periods.

Spring would be the best time to transplant. Avoid the warmest part of the summer to move the plants. It's clear your plants are suffering, so I would just bite the bullet and move them. They will need extra watering while they become established. Make sure the soil is well draining.

00
Here are more questions about Ti Plants