Arborvitae

Arborvitae Turning Yellow Orange

mirthatgil added on November 1, 2015 | Answered

The leaves of my arborvitae are turning yellow. What should I do? I planted 17 arborvitae in July and it is now early November and they leaves are turning a bright orange. What am I doing wrong? I have watered the consistently everyday since I planted them and they are turning orange. Am I over-watering them? I am very worried they will not survive. My soil is very sandy. I wonder if that's the problem.

Daily water during this duration is likely to much for the plants. Regular and deep watering for the first couple of months is important, then you can back off.
Soil should be well draining but have a good loamy soil.
Proper planting depth is important and a wide enough planting hole dug for root growth.
Keep in mind that a new planting may sometimes show stress and have some yellowing of leaves, but if the plants continue to show more yellowing it is likely root rot.
Plants will not survive if the draining or overwatering is not corrected in time.
Also make sure you inspect the plants for insects. Arborvitae can become infested with Aphids and yellowing leaves can be a symptom.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/arborvitae/growing-arborvitae-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Arborvitae