Tamarind Tree

Tamarind Seedling

Last year a friend at work gave me some tamarind seeds to try and germinate. Out of 4 seeds, one actually sprouted. I kept it at work where it received a lot of afternoon sun, water with distilled water and kept at a constant 70 degrees. It grew over last summer to about a height of 8 inches. In September, I retired and brought the little tamarind seedling home. A few weeks after this it dropped all it leaves. It is now just a thin stick, but still looks a little green in the stem. I have been giving it a little tap water once a week when I notice the soil is dry. My house in the winter is a very cold and dark place. Is there any chance the tamarind will recover once the brighter and warmer spring conditions arrive, or is it dead?

If the stem survives, it may regrow, but without enough light, it will have a hard time making it that long. A fluorescent light set very close to it will help. This article will help you determine if it is still alive: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/how-to-tell-if-a-plant-is-dead-and-how-to-recover-an-almost-dead-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Tamarind Tree