Ornamental Grasses

Tall Grasses

Anonymous added on January 31, 2014 | Answered

I have ten tall (14-foot) grasses. Retired now and cutting them back every fall is too much for me and the township hick-ups when picking up all the waste from these. Poured vegetation killer on all off them in October. Some are 5 foot in diameter. Do you know how far they go into the ground? I have cut them low with a chainsaw, so they are 10 inches from the soil right now. So the question is: how do I remove them?

If they are still alive, your best bet would be to dig them up and then treat the area with weed killer. To be honest, you may want to place an ad on CraigsList saying that someone can have them for free as long as they dig them up. You will likely find several people happy to do the work for you.

00
Here are more questions about Ornamental Grasses