Plant Recommendations

Tall Container Trees for Sunny Area Along My Fence

pattycake added on April 25, 2011 | Answered

I live in southern California, beach city Zone 10-11. I have a sunny, but narrow, area (approx 3-4 ft in depth x 22 ft long) along my fence line on the side of my driveway. It is also an unintentioned focal point from our backyard patio. I

The plants in this article can also be grown in pots:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/spaces/plant-a-privacy-screen-plants-that-grow-fast-for-privacy.htm

From that list arborvitae is likely your best bet in terms of height and privacy.

Since you are in zone 10/11, I would recommend looking at brugmansias as well. They will stay green year round where you are and have truly breath taking flowers and scents. Plus, they do well in pots.

I will also let you know for the size you want these trees to get to, you will need rather large pots. You will likely need to buy them from a specialty shop.

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations