I am having a problem with white spots on my houseplants. It looks like something white has spattered all over them. Could this be mealybugs or spider mites? How do I tell the difference? The white spots really don't fit either description too well.
It could be any of those, of even scale. I would treat the plant with neem oil. It is effective against all of those pests and many others, but does not harm people and pets. Here is more information on it:
I have a houseplant, not sure what it is. It has big leaves and gets kind of tall. I just moved it to my house and it started growing what looks like mold on the dirt and a few of the leaves started dying. I think it had too much moisture because I would water it regularly; and it was in a decent sized room with my dryer, but my dryer was not vented outside, so it gets a lot of moisture in the air. I moved it to a dryer spot about a week ago, but they leaves are still dying. Any suggestions?
This article should help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/hpgen/preventing-mold-in-the-soil-of-a-houseplant.htm
Will a weak mixture of bleach and water kill the fungi without killing or harming the houseplant?
The following article should be of some help to you:
I repotted a house plant about 2 weeks ago and have watered it once but now have mold. Is there something that I did wrong? Any suggestions on how to get rid of the mold and how to prevent it from happening again?
This article will help you:
We have an indoor vine that's over 25 years old. It was huge and we had the vines running all over the kitchen wall, etc. We decided to replant it because a lot of the extended vines were sparse, yellow, and falling off. We did some pruning and replanted in a much larger pot (the roots were enormous), but now it seems to be in shock. About 80% of the leaves have died, turned yellow and black, and have fallen off. But there is this beautiful green healthy mound of vine beginning from the top of the new pot extending out to about 2-3 feet, which looks great. What can we do to ensure that it continues to grow, or better yet, what have I done to my mother's plant?
Some plants go into shock when they are repotted. It sounds like yours has. Make sure that the drainage is good in the new pot and provide a little fertilizer. If you give it good care, it should come out of shock and recover.
My plant is no longer green. I have tried moving it to different windows in my house, but it continues to lose its color. It does grow but the color is just not there. It was green when I purchased it. It needs your help.
What kind of plant is it? Is it a variegated variety? If it is turning yellow, this article may help:
Try using some miracle grow plant spikes
What causes water to drop from house plant leaves?
This is a sign of a pest infestation, either aphids or scale. The "water" is actually honeydew that is being secreted by the pests. Treat teh plant with a pesticide.