My grape ivy has in the the past year begun to lose leaves. At one time it was an abundantly leafy plant but now has lost so many leaves, it's becoming bare. It still sends out new ones, but the old are drying up faster than new leaves come on. I've checked for mildew and sprayed for bugs, I keep it moderately watered, and it receives filtered sunlight. Leaves are constantly drying up from the edge or tip. I'm afraid I'm losing my once beautiful plant. What's wrong?
This article may offer some suggestions: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/what-causes-brown-edges-on-leaves-of-plant.htm
Grape Ivy (Rhoicissus rhomboidea) fruit - is it poisonous or edible?
This particular plant is commonly referred to as Forest Grape in addition to grape ivy. The fruit is edible, though somewhat sour, and will turn red to purple-black when ripe.
Every time my grape ivy is in the house, its leaves turn brown and die off. It makes me so mad, because it has light and I water it. I have even let it get dry. Something in my way of caring for this plant isn't right.
Warm temperatures can effect the plant.
Also you may want to try using distilled water to water the plant.
You can also let the water sit on the counter for 48 hours before using.
This article will give you more help in creating the right growing conditions.
I had a young plant delivered through the post from a garden centre. I let it settle for a week, as instructed, without repotting or overwatering. (I hade a beautiful cascading plant in the 80s which I loved and grew very well). After a month I noticed that although the oldest bottom leaves were sturdy and new tendrils were readily sprouting, all new leaves we're dropping off almost as soon as they'd formed, even though they looked shiny and healthy. I repotted it in good soil, but after another month, the situation is the same. I have supported the tendril with a stake but all I'm left with is a few established leaves around the base and a main tendril reaching for the sky with no new leaf growth! Should I cut it back? I can't see any obvious sign of disease. Help!
It sounds as if the plant may be overwatered. Drainage and proper soil is important.
Here are a few links to help you.