November 19, 2019
November 20, 2019
That does appear to be a fungal/bacterial infection! That is pretty severe.
I would recommend a fungicide, and if you can help it, less water. If you do not provide any water at all, then you may be at the mercy of your weather patterns.
Here is an article that will help you with fungicide use: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/info/using-fungicides-in-garden.htm
Another thing to consider is that they prefer poor soils, over rich soils. Overfeeding can facilitate disease, so take care not to feed them. If you do, it is best to cut back to half strength if possible.
Here is an article that will help you with the care of the shrub: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/elaeocarpus/lily-of-the-valley-tree-info.htm