Tree Problems

Symptoms of a Dying Tree

We have a huge tree whose trunk splits up into four trunks about two feet above ground. I don't know what type it is. This spring it has gotten no leaves. We, therefore, watered it extensively. Now it has green patches or growths directly on the branches. All limbs have these. I've been told that this type of thing happens shortly before a tree dies. Is this correct and is there anything I can do to keep this tree alive?

I am not sure what is going on with your tree. You may need a professional arborist to come take a look at it. In the meantime, the information in this article may be of some help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/tgen/what-does-a-dying-tree-look-like-signs-that-a-tree-is-dying.htm

00
Here are more questions about Tree Problems