Scoop Cat Litter for Compost

Is used cat litter (minus feces) safe to add to a composter? So far it has worked, but I don't have specific pH levels and wonder if small to medium amounts would be beneficial once processed. I'm also adding coffee, leaves, food and garden waste.

I would not use it in the garden or the compost pile due to the chemicals which are normally found in the clumping types.

NO, never use cat or dog feces in your compost. They are host to to many diseases. And especially if you are using your finished compost around edible plants. Even a "hot" compost pile does not provide enough heat to kill the bacteria and parasites found in cat and dog feces.
If you looking for extra nitrogen from manure, try worm castings. They pack a good nitrogen punch and are totally nontoxic

Here are more questions about Composting