Cherry Trees

Sweet Cherry Tree Alive but Not Leafing Out

emayer added on April 8, 2018 | Answered

I have four cherry trees, one mature and three young. The mature one (12 years old) has flowered this Spring and fully leafed out; two of the young ones have leafed out, but I guess are too young to flower. What concerns me is the one young tree that hasn't even leafed out. I bought this whip-like sweet cherry tree last summer, it's about 6 feet tall and has short branches here and there. I planted it in my yard before the Winter, and it has received ample irrigation. Again, while my other cherry trees have flowered / leafed out this Spring, this cherry tree has not done so. I thought maybe it was dead, so I cut off a branch, cut it up into four short pieces, and planted them in a pot indoors, and all four pieces leafed out! I also went to the trunk of the tree itself and peeled off a bit, and it's totally green inside! So it seems to be alive, but for some reason not doing what it should be. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

What climate zone are you in? Sometimes, cherries that like warmer weather will be reluctant to come out of dormancy. Can you upload a photo? Is it near your other trees? If it is in a different location, then there is a possibility that the pH is off in the soil. If this is in the same area, then I would not suspect this to be the case.

00
Here are more questions about Cherry Trees