Sunflower Plants

I have a young Sunflower that has some of the leaves turning white, inward from the leaf tips. Is this OK, and will it sort itself out? Also, there are a number of small buds opening under the main flower head. Can I remove these for re-planting as individuals or should I leave them alone?

The white leaves are an indication of a condition of "powdery mildew". It is a fungus that occurs on plants when the weather has been damp and the plants have remained wet too often. I would cut down on the watering and treat with fungicide, specifically aimed at powdery mildew. Neem oil is actually good. Here is more info:

As for the buds, leave them be. You cannot remove them and replant. You can only grow these plants from seed. The budding growths will not root.

Here are more questions about Sunflower Plants