Pepper Plant

Stunted Growth of Plants

I was wondering why my tomato plants and my pepper plants are not growing up and out. They are still very short, but they have peppers and tomatoes starting to grow on them.

There are several factors that could be the problem. Pinpointing the right one can be difficult. However, here are some things to try: Check your soil conditions and soil pH (which should be in the 6 to 6.5 range). Chances are this is a soil problem. How's your drainage? Is the soil staying too wet or too dry? Amending the soil with compost can help fix these issues. The addition of fertilizer may be helpful but will not solve the issue itself. Dig or poke around in the soil and check for signs of pests (such as grubs). Inspect the plants for pests as well. How much sun are your plants getting, etc.

00
Here are more questions about Pepper Plant