Bird Of Paradise Plants

White Bird of Paradise Houseplant

My question is this: I have a streletzia white bird of paradise house plant. I bought it from Home Depot about two years ago and up to now, it has been doing really well. Lately, though, the leaves will grow and expand as usual, but after a while, the leaf stalks -- which should be strong -- just bend over. The leaves themselves are OK, but why do the stalks bend after just a couple weeks? I've already lost three perfectly good leaves in less than a month. Please explain. Thank you!

It is normal for some varieties to possess long, droopy stalks and may simply require staking to alleviate the issue. Others may need to be pruned or divided to keep them in check. I would first try staking the plant and seeing how it responds. Otherwise, you may need to consider a good pruning. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/bop/bird-of-paradise-pruning.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bird Of Paradise Plants