Strawberry Trees

Strawberry Tree Bark

ArturoJacinto added on July 27, 2011 | Answered

Just had a Strawberry Tree put in my front yard in a 36" box. Tree is about 15' tall and the dark bark is missing in the first 10' and starts up again where it branches. Should I be concerned outside of being miffed that it's missing some beautiful color and texture. The tree is perfect in size and looks very healthy otherwise and will be a "keeper" absent adverse information provided.

Cathy

Wow, what a beautiful tree, I looked it up! The only reference I could find that concerns missing bark, seems to be from frost damage. I'm not sure if that's a real issue in your planting zone. I would suggest you contact your local extension office (found under gov't in the phone book) for additional help on why that is happening.

00
Here are more questions about Strawberry Trees