Strawberry Plants
Q.

Strawberries

Zone Lower Hutt Wellington NZ 5019 | Anonymous added on January 30, 2019 | Answered

The fruit of my strawberry plants look like they might have a virus or something I can't see any bugs but the red surface has a browning or blackening on them. The fruit is smaller almost looking shrivelled sometimes. It has been very hot here in NZ Wellington region but I am still watering and feeding. Thought I might spray a joint insecticide fungicide but do I need to take off all the fruits first and how long before we could eat fruit again. Thanks Gillian

A.
    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer

I actually think that a dose of iron sulfate and dolomitic lime will fix this. It could be either a pH issue, or an infection, but this remedy will take care of both at the same time. It will also help recondition the soil back to a proper pH. Here is a link to more articles for more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/strawberry/

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
    Strawberry Plants
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!
    Learn

Learn From
    Your Peers on
    Our Blog

Visit Our Blog

Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More