Gladiolus

Storing Gladiolas Bulbs

dwilliams2001 added on January 22, 2017 | Answered

I put my gladiolus bulbs into storage for the winter, in peat moss, but some of them have started to sprout. Evidently, there was sufficient moisture in the peat moss to stimulate growth. Is there any way of stopping this, or am I too late to save those bulbs that have started to sprout?

You may be able to keep the sprouts from growing any more if you move the bulbs to a colder location. A refrigerator or cold garage could work, as described in this article:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/bgen/how-to-store-bulbs-that-have-sprouted.htm

The bulbs will probably survive anyway; if anything some of them might not flower this year if they have used up too much energy in sprouting, but they might still be able to flower.

00
Here are more questions about Gladiolus