Jacaranda Trees

State of Jacaranda Trees in Winter

chezasull added on November 28, 2016 | Answered

I am writing a novel that mentions Jacaranda tree-lined avenues. My fiction is winter (June) in Sydney, Australia. I need to know if a: the trunks are bare, and b: when do new shoots and buds appear. This description is important for a reader to visualize the setting and mood of a character in and around Kings Cross in 1946. Many Thanks, Cheryl Sullivan.

Jacarandas lose their leaves during the dry season and then produce flowers at the end of the dry season. It seems that the dry season in Sydney would be from January through March, so that the jacarandas would have leaves in June.

http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/fact-sheets/in-the-garden/trees-and-palms/jacarandas-and-other-monsoonal-deciduous-trees/#.WD3pS330W2E

00
Here are more questions about Jacaranda Trees