Germinating Seeds
Q.

Starting seeds

Zone Broomfield, Colorado | northernltz101 added on June 21, 2017 | Answered

Hello, I am really new to gardening. I love to plant annuals in my little garden by my town home. This year I thought I would grow them from seed. I started them inside in January with a seed starter kit. Only the Marigolds emerged. I checked with a local expert who suggested using a grow light and temperature pad. I got a nice led light and still only 3 more pansy plants. I asked around and determined that I used the Miracle grow potting soil, which had twigs and sticks. I restarted the whole thing in March with new starter mix and got 10 plants, mostly marigolds. I tried once again in the end of May with new seeds and I am still only growing Marigolds. I planted 2 60 pods with Petunias, Pansy, Columbine, Zinnia, Marigolds, and Poppy\\\\\\\'s. I water with a spray bottle from the top to keep them moist, and the pods sit in about 1/4 - 1/2 inch of water to feed from the bottom (per my seed starter kit). What am I doing wrong? There has to be something I am missing. Kurt,(Mr. Marigold)

A.
A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
Germinating Seeds
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More