Lawn Maintenance

Starting New Lawn

I have done the following:(4500sq.ft.) After getting my soil tested for its ph levels. *I sprayed with roundup to kill entire lawn which had no grass, only weeds. (Mostly goatheads) *Waited 2 weeks, then removed all the dead weeds and raked the entire ground *added compost to the dirt. 2-4 inches per sq.ft. *tilled the entire ground. Down at-least 8in. or more Now I have to rake and level the dirt. My question; it's been 5 days since I tilled the dirt. It has now got'n dried and dusty. Is it ok to water the dirt, causing the dirt to compact? The dirt is really dry and would pivk up alot of dust if raked as is. I'm afraid if I water it, the compaction will cause issues thus causing the seed not to sprout roots, if the ground gets hard

Sure, you can go ahead and water the soil to make things easier to work. Just don't over saturate the soil.

Sounds like a great start to your new lawn!

Here are more questions about Lawn Maintenance