Asparagus Plants

Starting Asparagus From Seed

Wooferwuff added on October 22, 2015 | Answered

I've started asparagus from seed this past spring/summer in a pot. I've separated them into 4 different pots that they still are in. My concern is what to do with them over fall/winter here in northern Wisconsin? Do you think keeping them in a garage above freezing will be okay until I can transplant them next spring when the frost is gone?

Hardy Asparagus is safe down to zone 3 so keeping the pots in the garage will be just fine.
You can add some mulch of leaves over the top of the pots after the plants have died down naturally.
Make sure the plants do stay at a cold constant temperature, you don't want them thawing and then refreezing.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/asparagus/propagating-asparagus-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Asparagus Plants