Squash Plants

Squash Blossoms

I have planted green squash (they are in huge patio planters and get full sun each day) and have grown quite well until now. The plants have grown big, yellow beautiful blossoms, then they turn brown and fall off without bearing any vegetable at all. I water and tend the plants everyday to no avail. By the way, ALL my squash plants are doing this, not just one. HELP!!!!

This is typical behavior for a squash plant. They will produce mostly male (non-fruiting) blossoms early in the season and will gradually start to produce more female blossoms as the season progresses. Give it some time and you will see it start fruiting.

If you are seeing fruit but they are falling off, this article will help:

You may need to do manual pollenation. I did this on the first flowers I had and then they started growing fruit better.

Here are more questions about Squash Plants