Daffodils

Spring Flowers

Amy Corbett added on March 4, 2018 | Answered

I forgot to plant my daffodils and tulip bulbs. Do I plant them now...weather has been warm but in the 40s-50s this week.some blooming already. Or can I keep them til next year or throw them out?

Bulbs will not keep until fall so you can pot them up or plant them now and hope for the best. If they are hybrid tulips which are often treated as annuals, toss them out. Species tulips are hardier. Much depends on how the bulbs were stored and what condition they are in now. If they feel papery and partially dried out, soak them in warm water for several hours prior to planting. If there is any softness, as in rot, throw them out. Only time will tell if they will perform; they may be too depleted to bloom this year. I would use a balanced water-soluble fertilizer every 2 weeks to help them along.

00
Here are more questions about Daffodils