Spearmint Plants

Spearmint Plant

I am trying to grow spearmint plants inside in a small pot. I bought the plants at a grocery store. The leaves are drying up and turning brown even though they are watered twice a week. I see small gnats flying on them. What is wrong and how do correct it?

It could be dry in the center, in which case you could try soaking the pot in water. However, your problem could also be due to mint wilt (otherwise known as verticillium wilt), a fungal infection in the soil. While there is no treatment, you could try fertilizing to strengthen plants or repotting with a fresh, clean potting soil, inspecting the roots prior to replanting. Discard any dead or dying plants.

Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/herbs/mint/how-to-grow-mint-plants-in-your-garden.htm

00
Here are more questions about Spearmint Plants