General Gardening Info

Sow & Grow Earth Pellets

Laraine added on October 9, 2016 | Answered

Something new to me...these are individual cells of paper-wrapped earth pellets to which it says just add water. What it doesn't say is how much. Have you come across these? They are from "in the garden" but I cannot find this company anywhere. Hope you can help. L. Chadwick.

I haven't seen this product, but to germinate seeds you want to keep the soil moist but not soaking wet- so you want to add enough water so that the soil throughout each pellet is moist, but not enough that it would be like a dripping sponge. And you don't want the pellets to sit in water, so place them on a surface where excess water can drain off.

To germinate seeds, place the seeds on top or at the proper planting depth in the soil, then keep the soil continually moist (but not soaking) for 1 to 3 weeks, depending on the seed type.

00
Here are more questions about General Gardening Info