Insect Pest Control

Smalll Garden and Slugs

mork12 added on October 23, 2017 | Answered

I have a small garden which I gave up several years ago to slugs....no matter what I tried, my veg always got demolished. I do not want to use slug pellets. I recently have had the urge to try again. It has walls on both sides and a fence at the back. I had the idea to cover over the small lawn with polythene this winter and then install raised beds. I'm now hesitating because of the slug problem. Do you have any advice? Is this not a good idea? The garden is currently overgrown with some large shrubs.

If nothing else works, you might have to attract non-poisonous snakes, or possibly toads to the area. They will eat them. Here is an article for more information on this subject: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/kill-garden-slugs.htm

00
Here are more questions about Insect Pest Control