Maple Trees

Small Maple Seedlings

I have millions of maple trees seedlings sprouting in my landscaping and in my driveway. Thousands of whirlybirds (helicopters) have sprouted and are about 2 inches tall. There are thousands of these things growing. I have tried vegetation killer on the ones in my drive - they won't even wilt from it. Last year I used table salt and it killed them but now they have come back triple and are in my flower beds and every where. What do I do? I have never seen so many, too many to pull, and I don't want to kill my flowers. Help me please!!

Maples are notorious weed trees. Single stem young saplings can simply be cut off at ground level and they will die. More established saplings that have already branched will need to be cut off and their cuts painted with Roundup to prevent them from regrowing. This article should help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/tgen/weed-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Maple Trees