Plant Recommendations

Slender Weavers Bamboo

sbaxter2530 added on July 22, 2015 | Answered

I'm planning on planting some slender weavers in several concrete planters measuring 100cm L X 40cm W X 50cm D. Can you please tell me how many I need for each planter to eventually create a good screen but not necessarily too dense? I have (2) 2 cm holes in each planter for drainage; will that be enough? Just one more thing; are Golden Cane Palms suitable for these planters to reach a height of at least 4 metres? I'm literally at my wits end trying to obtain a screening plant/tree for these planters. I need the height to eventually reach 4 metres and a plant/tree which is reasonably quick to grow to this height. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Slender Weave Bamboo grows quickly and I would start out with only one or two plants in each planter.
Though the growing pattern is upright the clump still can reach 5 ft in diameter.

Yes, from my research the Golden Cane Palm would be suitable in a container and make a good privacy screen.
They can grow up to 20 feet tall.
Make sure the container has one good drainage hole.

Best of luck.

Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations