Vegetable Gardening

Size of a Family Garden

Your article on what size you need for a family garden is very helpful, except. . . at the end it says you need to take into consideration if you plan on preserving vegetables. I do, but from there it just gives a list of how many plants of certain vegetables you need per person. Does that include how many plants per person if you are serving fresh, AND preserving? Or should I double it per person? I have all winter to figure this out, but I would like to know so I can start composting and figuring out how much lime I will need for the size. Thanks for your answer in advance!

The information in the chart in the article you referenced (https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/vgen/family-vegetable-garden-size.htm) is for the year-round food needs of a family (fresh and preserved both).

00
Here are more questions about Vegetable Gardening