Bonsai Trees

Sick Bonsai Banyon Tree

leslieg417 added on January 29, 2011 | Answered

I have had a Bonsai Banyon tree for about 5-6 years. I bought it at about 10" tall and the trunk is abut 1. 5" around, so a pretty mature plant. It sits in an east facing window and has done fine, tho not growing much. About 2 weeks ago, it was a little wilted and looked like it needed water. Not the first time this has happened, so I wasn't concerned. Even after watering, it was still wilted. About 2-3 days later the leaves turned yellow, and now are falling off. I have a small aloe plant next to it, which has always been there and no other plants in the house are sick. Any suggestions what I can do to save it?? Thank you for your help.

It may have root rot. The symptoms look alot like underwatering. This article will help:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/treating-root-rot-gardening-tips-for-housplants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bonsai Trees