Mountain Laurels

Shrub Care

theplantlady48 added on May 3, 2018 | Answered

How do l help my mountain laurel shrubs? I planted them in dabbled sun/shade, fertilize same time as azaleas & rhodies...they get watered twice week. Im zone 5a I have a magnolia tree & weepinh redbud nearby & they are doing well.

You don't say what is wrong with the shrubs. Are they simply not growing well? Mountain laurel in nature is an understory plant in woodlands. It likes dappled shade, acidic and moist soil. In soils too alkaline, the plant can't absorb iron and iron chlorosis symptoms show on new leaves. The link gives a good rundown of laurel problems. If it doesn't cover your issue, please right back with more detail of what is wrong and a picture, if you can. http://www.ct.gov/caes/lib/caes/documents/publications/fact_sheets/plant_pathology_and_ecology/common_problems_of_mountain_laurel_03-11-11.pdf

00
Here are more questions about Mountain Laurels