Kentia Palm Trees

Should I Try to Divide My Kentia Palm

bell.j added on September 17, 2016 | Answered

I have a Kentia palm that is growing in a 12” container for 6-8 years. It has developed 4 large trunks and I’m wondering if I should try to divide it. It seems healthy enough but maybe it’s getting crowded in there. Thanks very much! __________________________

Yes, it's a good idea to divide your Kentia palm. The alternative is to repot all the trunks together in a larger pot.

To divide, remove the root ball(s) from the pot, then gently separate the roots of each trunk from each other. Each trunk most likely has its own clump of roots that can be separated from the others without too much damage. Repot each one, water well, and keep out of direct sunlight for a few days. You might need to stake them temporarily to help them stand up.

Here is more about Kentia palm:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/kentia-palm/howea-forsteriana-kentia-palm.htm

00
Here are more questions about Kentia Palm Trees