Tomato Plants

Should I Remove Tomato Fruits Affected by Blossom End Rot?

oldchiefe9 added on July 3, 2012 | Answered

Should I remove tomato fruits affected by blossom end rot?

Yes, you can remove the fruit. Here is more information:

I have to agree with tomatoehead, I asked a question about using espom salt and and vitamin supplement i have called cal-max. 400mg cal/2teaspoons+ 200mg of magn. based on 8oz glass...I know epsom salt @ 2 tbs/gallon is fine. and recommended for calcium up take. I'd just read espom salt bag.. i know the espom salts worked on some of my house plants. I havent worked out vitamin ratio but have 6 plants that were runts that just with epsom salt and bone meal worked in look fine. planted in very poor clay soil. nothing else grew there but dill weed..will keep a post up to see how this works. Btw If you smoke do not handle tomatoe or pepper plants, I use nit.(blue) rubber gloves when working in garden, tobacco mosaic virus is bad news. My sub soil is limestone plate, so right now im just guessing. see UrbanFarmer for my recent post.. but I know cal uptake is causing my end rot.

yes get them off the plant and start spraying vit c or nutri-cal on them

Here are more questions about Tomato Plants