Impatiens Plants

Impatiens Over Winter

dls1107 added on September 16, 2015 | Answered

Should I cut back my impatiens in a pot? Can I keep indoors through winter? I was given a beautiful, but huge, impatiens in a hanging pot and it has bloomed several times over the summer. It has even grown bigger, though I did nothing but water it and turn it around occasionally. If I bring it indoors for the winter, will it continue to live so I can put it back out next summer, and if yes, should I cut it back (it's now about 2 ft across!)?

In cold climates Impatiens are sold and grown as an annual. They will not winter over and return.

Sometimes gardeners will take cuttings to grow indoors in the winter for next spring.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/impatiens/growing-impatiens-flowers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Impatiens Plants