Sago Palm Trees

Should “Baby” Sago Palms Be Left Inside the House in a Pottery Container?

beautylady125 added on March 19, 2012 | Answered

I just purchased two small infant sago palms. I intend for these to be transplanted in my backyard once they get up to size, but my fear is that insects will destroy them while they are so young. What should I do to make sure they flourish and thrive?

I would go ahead and plant them outside. Plants are less likely to suffer from shock when transplanted at a younger age. If they grow up more in the house and then are moved outside, the rapid change in environment has a higher chance of killing them the older they are.

If you are concerned about pests, I would start a regular schedual of spraying until they are older. I personally like neem oil as it is both a pesticide and a fungicide and is safe for people, pets and beneficial bug. You can apply it about once every 1-2 months during spring and summer.

00
Here are more questions about Sago Palm Trees