Plant Recommendations

Shade Plants for Zone 4/5 That Grow to 5-7 Feet

Kaydarlin added on August 21, 2017 | Answered

I am planning a shade garden and need a plant which will grow 5-7 feet. I live in zone 4/5. Any ideas? I hav a gap between trees where all I can see is our neighbors power source and garage.

Nikko Blue Hydrangea, and some Azalea and Rhododendrons.

You may want to check with your County Extension Office for a list of plants suitable to your region.
Also visit local garden centers and greenhouses.

I would check with your state's Extension Service website. It will have a list of plants that do well with your type of soil. There are degrees of shade to consider. Not much will grow well and blossom in deep shade. If the area gets indirect light, there are many options. I copied the list from Minnesota's website for your 4/5 zone but I encourage you to check the list from your state as well.

Also, consider evergreen shrubs. Here are some to consider but walk around a local nursery for more ideas.

Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations