Bottle Brush Trees

Seashore Shrubs

Costa Hombre added on November 20, 2015 | Answered

I have read all your articles on Callistemon, the most frequently grown 'bottle brush' shrub. How it is tolerant of many soil types, will withstand hot climates but needs damp conditions. Will tolerate even a small amount of sea salt in the air. But no article mentions if it will withstand occasional strong windy weather. I am thinking of planting it in containers on a very sunny terrace, over looking the Mediterranean Sea in southern Spain. Please let me have your thoughts on windy conditions. Windy but never cold. Thank you in anticipation of your reply. Michael Clayton

According to this PDF (http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/FR/FR17300.pdf), the bottlebrush is classified as having a "medium-low wind resistance". See page 6 of PDF.

00
Here are more questions about Bottle Brush Trees