Meyer Lemon Trees

Scale on Indoor Meyer Lemon Tree

Gaylene M Piper added on January 24, 2018 | Answered

I noticed the sticky sap on my lemon tree and with further inspection saw scale on the stems and underside of leaves. The tree had alot of blooms which have since died and fallen off. I sprayed the tree well with Neem Oil. It did get rid of the scale, however, now the leaves are drying and falling off. What is going on? What should I do in order to save my tree? Thank you in advance for your advise. G. Piper

You will want to use neem out while there is no direct sun. This is what causes the burning. You have to apply it multiple times, and scrape off as many of the scale as you can. There are many other methods for killing these as well.

This collection of articles will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/organic/

00
Gaylene M Piper

Thank you for your reply, however, my question was not answered. I have gotten rid of scale and I did use the neem oil outside on a cloudy and 70 degree temp day. Brought tree back inside for duration of winter and is located by a glass door receiving full light all day. My unanswered question is why are the leaves drying and falling? Normally the plant is producing lemons now but no sign of any although I did have alot of flowers. Should I prune back the tree and if so, how much? My tree is 4 feet in height.

00
Here are more questions about Meyer Lemon Trees